Paint Fumes And Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm planning on painting a newly fitted cupboard in the near future. Keeping the pigs away from the fumes will be hard since I live in an open plan flat. So unless I shut them in the bathroom (which is small and has no natural light) I won't be able to protect them from the fumes.

I do have a second level to my flat and the pigs could be moved up there but I assume the fumes will just rise and the pigs will be no better off.

Any advice would be most appreciated...

Thanks all,
~Scribbled

Hiya, I think they do paint with low fumes, google it or write to Dulux or Crown your cheap paints I wouldn't trust what they say on the tin. I've recently contacted Dulux as I wanted paint that was pet friendly. They recommend a water based one, so long as the piggies didn't go back in they cages till it was dry. As regarding the piggies being away from it I suppose as far as you can get. Or the bathroom would be your best bet, I don't think being in the dark would cause any hardship.

@Tiamolly123 has some good ideas.
The other things to try would be doing the painting on a warm day when you can have all of the windows open, and running a fan to improve the overall air circulation (but not aimed directly at the piggies of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back