• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pain relief and antibiotics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ton has been on the antibiotics for a few months now and his mouth is fine. Only for the past couple of days he has had a sore mouth, no apparent abscess forming. I think though it's when he grinds his teeth.

Anyway, I've stopped with the antibiotics for now and am just giving him pain relief (metacam). Am I doing right in stopping the antibiotics or should I carry on?

I've gone all of a fumble as what to do!

Good luck with Ton love :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I'm sure the vet will suggest something when he gets his toofies trimmed this week :)
Hugs for you, try not to worry, LOL i know you will just like i do ;)

I personally would carry on with the antibiotics unless the vet says overwise. Fingers crossed he just has a sore mouth. Keep us updated. :)

Cavy Crazy said:
I personally would carry on with the antibiotics unless the vet says overwise. Fingers crossed he just has a sore mouth. Keep us updated. :)

ok, thank you. He's not actually on the metacam now. I think those couple of days on it did him some good! O0

Aww bless him. The thing is he may look like he don't need the antibiotics but you know what these little ones are like at covering up illness. :smitten: How long does the vets want to keep him on the antibiotics? ?

He is going to stay on them forever. Cos of his age and the very likelyhood of him getting a mouth abscess.

Been on them s few months. Is on 0.1ml daily, sometimes twice a day. I also have metacam with me

Awww poor Ton. :smitten: The only problem I see with that is eventually he will probably build up an immunity to the antibiotics. :( Is he on Baytril? :)

Septrin. Vet doesn't think Baytril is strong enough for him. As long as it keeps an abscess at bay, we're happy :)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: for you Tonic from all of us.

We all hope your mouth is feeling better today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back