Pain Or Illness Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati Ebrahimi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I did a cage cleaning yesterday & I had to move shelly around more than usual & I think I might have handled him a little rough, also last night as a treat I gave him cucumber, tomato & Coriander as veggies, all together a small cup.
since this morning he's been very quiet & isn't running around as much for his play time. I'm really worried. Did I hurt him bad? is it a stomachache? could you let me know the specific symptoms I should look for.
Could it just be stress? I'm guessing it was his first cage cleaning, he's 3months old & has been adopted last week.

I did a cage cleaning yesterday & I had to move shelly around more than usual & I think I might have handled him a little rough, also last night as a treat I gave him cucumber, tomato & Coriander as veggies, all together a small cup.
since this morning he's been very quiet & isn't running around as much for his play time. I'm really worried. Did I hurt him bad? is it a stomachache? could you let me know the specific symptoms I should look for.
Could it just be stress? I'm guessing it was his first cage cleaning, he's 3months old & has been adopted last week.

If you are worried about bloat, his belly will look large and is firm to the touch and instead of the usual soft. Diarrhea you can spot. I don't hink that it is from rough handling.

For the time being, keep a slightly closer eye on him and see whether he picks up again or whether there are more distinct symptoms of illness developing. I would however not worry overmuch at this stage, as it is quite likely nothing apart from your hovering over every little change in behaviour.

If you are worried about bloat, his belly will look large and is firm to the touch and instead of the usual soft. Diarrhea you can spot. I don't hink that it is from rough handling.

For the time being, keep a slightly closer eye on him and see whether he picks up again or whether there are more distinct symptoms of illness developing. I would however not worry overmuch at this stage, as it is quite likely nothing apart from your hovering over every little change in behaviour.

thank you so much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back