PAH stopped selling Woodlands hays? Any good treat hay alternatives?

Dilly's Piggies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm probably the only person that is a little sad about it but I just found out pets at home don't seem to be selling the little yellow bags of Woodlands treat hays anymore, the chamomile harvest, oat harvest and herby harvest. Those were my go to hays whenever I wanted to get my piggies something different as a treat, they absolutely loved them.

They were especially great when I had sick piggies that didn't want to eat their regular timothy hay, it always interested them. I have two sick piggies atm and I was going to buy them these tomorrow, but since it's not available anymore now I'm stuck on what to buy. I hope they aren't gone forever, I can't find them available anywhere, it's like they've just vanished off the face of the earth. I can't find the little orange Woodlands paper bags of dried herbs, leaves, dandelions etc that they loved too, I'm gutted lol, not sure what happened to them.

Does anyone have suggestions or alternatives? I need something super tasty to help their appetites while they're being syringe fed. They currently get oxbow timothy but are only interested in the seed heads right now. Thanks

Oh I hope not because we like their green oaty hay. They do have occasional stock shortages - we've had supply issues down here. On the plus side we found some of their old-style BIG chunky nuggets which I thought they'd stopped completely in favour of the tiny little cat-litter style new ones that my pigs couldn't pick up properly! Apparently they had a LOT of negative customer response to that so it's not just us.

I bed normally on their meadow/timothy mixed hay which contains both types of hay and is popular - and drains well 😉

I usually give oat readigrass as a treat. My piggies love it.

Back