Oxbow pellets

Zorro1

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been using these pellets for a couple of years now thinking that they are really healthy for my piggy, but I'm starting to rethink how quality they are. Looking at all the ingredients on the back of the package, "Soybean Oil" and "Cane Molasses" look like ingredients I shouldn't be feeding to my guinea pig. Are these pellets really as healthy as I thought, or should I switch them out for something of better quality?
image (2).webpIngredients.webp

Interesting question I've always fed oxbow. Never had any health issues and the pigs have always loved them but I feed more hay than pellets anyway

They are much on a par with all commercial brands of pellets and their ingredients.

The alternative is to source cold pressed 100% grass pellets or to not feed pellets at all.

I hardly feed any pellets - just a few pellets no more than 10, sometimes as few as 5 to my piggies and even then I only give them twice a week.

The reality is, any commercial brand you feed needs to be kept limited to one tablespoon (or less) per pig per day.

Back