Overfeeding.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
OK here goes.

Of a morning i muck out then put 2 big piles of hay in, sprinkle a tablespoon of pellets on top, celery strips (they like it better in strips) coriander sprigs (around 6) and 2 romaine leaves. Usually a few strips of cucumber too but I can't get that at the moment.

When I get home around 5 I muck out, replenish hay, red pepper strips and some red and green butterhead leaves.

My question is.... Am I over feeding?

It’s one cup of veg per pig per day.
It is absolutely fine to give veg twice a day so half at a time

(Personally I give a bit more than a cup of veg each to to mine )

😂 poking out at the top should be in BOLD print and CAPITALIZED for me as well, 😂
My boys still look hungry most the time, 😂
Hahahahahaha my kitchen is facing the room they're in and I have to close the door now when I'm prepping meals because the noise out of them thinking I'm prepping veggies for them 😂😂

They're only between 12 and 14 weeks old and they don't stop munching, especially Willow the smaller of the 2 haha.

Hahahahahaha my kitchen is facing the room they're in and I have to close the door now when I'm prepping meals because the noise out of them thinking I'm prepping veggies for them 😂😂

They're only between 12 and 14 weeks old and they don't stop munching, especially Willow the smaller of the 2 haha.

That closed door won't stop them for long. I had a tiny little pig with a huge pigsonality years ago. They were in a hutch outside near to the back door. Even with the backdoor closed she would start wheeking away when I opened the fridge 😱 it was like some sort of superpower

That closed door won't stop them for long. I had a tiny little pig with a huge pigsonality years ago. They were in a hutch outside near to the back door. Even with the backdoor closed she would start wheeking away when I opened the fridge 😱 it was like some sort of superpower
😂😂 They're amazing aren't they. She was the shy one when we 1st brought them home but now she's a bold little madam with a very playful nature, she's definitely the boss piggy.

The two youngest of my four boys are particularly vocal. They live in my shed and hear me coming down the garden. .My oldest two have a wheek every now and then (less as they got older) but since the youngsters have come on the scene, one is the oldest had suddenly decided to join in the daily chorus!

The two youngest of my four boys are particularly vocal. They live in my shed and hear me coming down the garden. .My oldest two have a wheek every now and then (less as they got older) but since the youngsters have come on the scene, one is the oldest had suddenly decided to join in the daily chorus!
I love the wheeking it's so cute. 🥰🥰

I think we are all guilty of overfeeding sometimes.
As long as their weight and heft are good and they have unlimited hay then I don't think the odd bit of extra veg is anything to worry about, particularly if they have a big cage and are pretty active.

Mine get their veggies split between morning and evening.
There used to be a midday snack of some herbs but given Naomi’s tendency to soft poops that’s stopped and evening veggies reduced.

Ruth has bionic hearing and can hear a paper bag or the fridge door from the other end of the house.
As well as bionic hearing she has an enhanced wheek which means the entire neighbourhood knows she’s been kept waiting for food.

Mine get their veggies split between morning and evening.
There used to be a midday snack of some herbs but given Naomi’s tendency to soft poops that’s stopped and evening veggies reduced.

Ruth has bionic hearing and can hear a paper bag or the fridge door from the other end of the house.
As well as bionic hearing she has an enhanced wheek which means the entire neighbourhood knows she’s been kept waiting for food.
Hahaha. Blossom had a really loud wheek too. They're just adorable. 🥰

Back