Outdoor hutch inside?

• Thread starter Thread starter maddie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maddie

Hi All

Can an outdoor hutch be kept inside? My partner who was totally against guinea pigs until they arrived, has now softened towards them and thinks that a hutch looks more like a home for them than the cage.

I have a feeling that the hutch may be more difficult to clean and perhaps be alittle smelly.

Does anyone keep a hutch indoors and is it okay to do?

Maddie

It's fine to do this :)

If you get a hutch you should line the floor(s) with lino because then it will be easy to wipe down and their pee with not soak into the wood ;)

I think there are a lot of people who keep their out door hutches inside, maybe not in the living room but else where in the house. You could line them with lino to make it easier to clean. Or you could get some c&c caging or a large indoor cage with a plastic bottom :)

I have my two boys inside in a two storey hutch. As someone said, line the floors with lino or vinyl stick on tiles so it is easy to clean. I use thick layer of newspaper and vetbed on the bottom level so that hay doesn`t get dragged out all over the floor and upstairs I stuff their sleeping area full of meadow hay on newspaper and have a hay rack upstairs too for their timothy hay :)

Mine have hutches inside a large pen. It's no problem at all. Just bear in mind that you'll probably need to clean out more often anyway because you'll be aware of any smell much quicker than if they were outside.

I have a 5x2 Lavender Lodge in my utility room for my two boys and it's great! I use fleece for them to sleep on as I found hay and megazorb too smelly. :)

06-06-07_1832.jpg

This is my hutch I made in the summer,but I've put it in the shed now!
Just showing you how I used lino tiles inside.
Makes it sooo easy to clean tooo! O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back