Outdoor Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone keep their piggies outdoor all year round? I know the 'advice' is to keep them indoors or in a shed, but I was just wondering if anyone kept them outside.

As you know I'm having mice trouble and I've just been down the shed and one was in the rubbish bag and scuttled away so the shed's coming down very soon and the pigs moving into hutches for the summer. But come winter I'm undecided whether to leave them out there or rehome them :'( :'( They can't come in, I have two girls inside already and they attract the mice into the house too

I dont keep mine outside all year but summers nearly here so once all your piggies are outside you can tackle the mouse problem. To get rid of them use poison its the best way. By winter they will be no more. I really think you should try this I had them and got rid of them. Good luck

i kept mine out one year, they ahd pleanty of bedding hutch covers, blankets and snuggle safes. I would of brought them in if I could but they all survived and they were all healthy. If you keep them nice and warm, they should be fine!
Have you got a cat? Eddie keeps teh mice away from our house :)

i think if you kept them warm enough then they would be fine but you would have to moniter them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back