Our Girls Are Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffins76

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We brought our two girls home today :)

I posted a while ago that we were getting two Swiss sisters, but it turns out that I had no idea what I was talking about :)) ! We know that they are Aby x, but the other breed is unknown.

Sadly, a friend of mine got her young Aby (Toffee) from a breeder & discovered she was pregnant! The breeder didn't say which male Toffee had mated with & wasn't really interested in my friend's concerns, so we decided to give the two sisters a loving home.

They're very nervous but when I leave the room I can hear them exploring. Hopefully I will get some pictures to you soon & someone can help me figure out what they are crossed with!

Congratulations on your new piggies :) Looking forward to pigtures!

Congrats!

Would you like to also post pictures of their bits (no pressure on them, but please as clear as possible) to make sure that they are sexed properly?

Can you confirm with your friend that any brothers were separated at 3 weeks old? How old are your little girls?

Hi @Wiebke , the sisters were the only surviving babies from the litter. Toffee also had a male baby, but he didn't make it :( They are 12 weeks old now.

My friend took them all to the vets and they were sexed properly then, but I will post some when they have settled. She dealt with the situation very well, with a lot of love & care - it must have been quite a shock!

Congrats. Wishing you lots of fun piggy times to come! Looking forward to pics of your beautiful girls x

They're (understandably) very nervous about being in a new home & have been hiding in their houses all day. I can see that there's a lot of poop in there already - what should we do about cleaning it out? There isn't much poop in the rest of the cage because they haven't been exploring a great deal, but I don't want to leave their houses all mucky inside. I don't want to disturb them either - how long should I wait to clean the houses out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back