Our C&C Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Here are our C&C Cage, changed it around slightly. I've got boys and girls in the shed in totally seperate cages and they seem happy with that. Both sizes are almost 4ft by 2.5 foot, my girds are 1.5ft per grid.

Ignore the mess on the boys cage, it's not poo it is pellets and there feeding bowl is getting cleaned so I just gave them an old kids bowl for a min! :) Just got to put my water bottles on and we are done. :)

Louise

x

Sunshine and Twinkle's cage you can just see Sunshine and Twinkle on it!
IMG_1234.jpg

Flora and Fleur's cage you can just see the back end of Fleur they are having fun hiding up!
IMG_1235.jpg

Twinkle in his cage!
IMG_1236.jpg

Wow they're great louise! Glad its working out for you, just need to sort cuzzy out now! I love twinkle on that first pic ;D x

Thanks Emma, meant to say they are on laminate and then plastic and then newspaper, megazorb and a section for hay. I'm glad I waited for Correx as I've changed the set up so much! The girls in the hall was fine but it was only 3.5 foot by 1.5 foot and wasn't big enough although they were happy enough last night! I've just checked now and they are fine, I look through the window so not to disturb them.

I had to stick some grids together with twine Peter is going to re-inforce it later with green wire, he is just getting Caitlin to sleep!

Will get some correx now I've got them set up to how I want it!

Louise
x

It really does look great, i'm in the mood for improvements now ;D i love the blue aswel!

The only thing is putting the water bottles back up, Peter will do it with the wire but everytime we have to cut the wire and start again! I've seen the ones you put in the cage at p@h so may try them but at £7.00 each they are expensive but would save me a job everyday! :)

I had that problem, i was really worried as to what to do because just didnt think of it until they were in and had no water lol! Went to P@H and when i got home my OH had stolen ( :o ) some of the white wires from the water bottles, was nearly frog marching him back by the ear but decided to spare myself the embarassment and just used them *embarassed* The ones in P@H are the only ones i think of to work in yours :-\ i'll let you know if a have a brainwave! x

Thanks...lol! Will use the wire until Tuesday when I can go back again! The only one who drinks a lot is Cuzzy, he likes his water! :)

spice and honeys mummy said:
Woww! Louise your cages look awesome!
I love your set ups. They look so clean , tidy and fun! :)

Hehe theres one to tell your mum louise, your set up does look very clean and not at all a disgrace ;D

Thanks :) ROFL mum is happy now, can't believe the argument we had this morning! 98) But I'll do anything for a quiet life! :D

Louise, are thoughs grids from ebay?
I am gonna get the pink ones when I save up.

Emma x

Hi Emma,

I got them from Liz on here, she was selling them for a friend so I grabbed them off herl. :D I'd love Pink ones, not sure Sunshine would though...lol

Louise
x

:smitten: Love it what a lovely set up :smitten:

I cant find anybody round here that sells megazorb :'(

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Hi Emma,

I got them from Liz on here, she was selling them for a friend so I grabbed them off herl. :D I'd love Pink ones, not sure Sunshine would though...lol

Louise
x

My boys will have to get used to pink, lol, it will be the back of their cage and the girls.
Have you thought of making them a shelf to hide under and jump on if you have two spare grids?
Here is a pictures of my shelves...
000_4155.jpg

Aurelio upstairs and Radley down.
000_4159.jpg

Loba modeling how the girls use the shelf.

Emma x

Oh that is a good idea, Sunshine was trying to climb earlier so I think he would like that!

Louise, you might find it difficult attaching the shelf to the sides unless the plastic is pretty thick, sorry I never thought of that.

My shelves are held on each side with two cable ties, I made large holes through the fine mesh and wrapped them around.

EDIT: Pictures...
000_4864.jpg

000_4865.jpg

BTW Kanika is hiding in that fleece somewhere, lol.

Emma x

That's a though I forgot about that....lol I'm sure I could figure something out, I've been doing wonders with thin green wire and twine! :D

Let me know how you get on.
I took these too, example of my door I made of ease of cleaning...

Door open
000_4866.jpg

Door half open...
000_4867.jpg

Its fastend together with cable ties and i close it by attaching it too the connectors.

Emma x

oo good idea! I've got the same grids as you GPQ so will give the shelf a go! I'm having a bit of a cage revamp tonight after being inspired by yours and louise's cages :) x

jnenbnb said:
oo good idea! I've got the same grids as you GPQ so will give the shelf a go! I'm having a bit of a cage revamp tonight after being inspired by yours and louise's cages :) x

Watch out Jnenbnb, my pigs have lost nails due to the fine mesh. Put something on the grid itself and secure it to that, ie. but of old towel, fleece. Thats what I have done then put other stuff on top for them to snuggle in.

Emma x

Well everything went ok last night, I opened the shed up this morning to find Sunshine at one end of the tunnel and Twinkle at the other! The girls were under their hay bed! I must admit it was freezing this morning but warm in the shed. They all seem happy wheeking at me for food!

Louise
x

Great news Louise.
Seeing all these cages is making me want to do one.
Who shall I move out to fit one in. :D ;D ;D
Only joking.
Would love to do one though.
Anne.x

Yeah C&C is great although in the summer the shed will be too hot so they will go back in the Lavander Lodges! I think the girls just hated the cold in the hutch, they were so sad about it but now they are happy in the shed. I've just been to Bargin Madness and bought som cheap fleece and dogs cosys which were only £4.99 each so they should enjoy snuggling up in them! Fleece was £1.99 ideal if you want to make your own cosys! :D

Have a good day!

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back