Orchard grass, where is best to buy from?

eksarahw

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m thinking to bring my girls in for the winter in a few weeks time and bit worried about hay affecting me indoors.
I’ve been using Wilkinson meadow hay from home bargains which hasn’t really affected me yet. The newest pack isn’t great though, makes me feel bit lightheaded and looks like straw mixed through it…anyway!

I’d always read that Orchard Grass Hay is the best for allergies, can anyone advise which company/shop is the best to get it from?

I think I saw Happyhay and Haybox mentioned in previous threads when I did a search.
Any top tips?

Thanks everyone 😊

I used to get orchard from happy hay co. Had absolutely no issues with it - was brilliant quality. (The only reason I don’t get it as much now is purely because I wanted to reduce costs and I can get bales of meadow hay from a local farm much cheaper - it was nothing to do with quality or happy hay as a company at all)

Happy Hay's orchard hay has been pretty good. Bann's fussy about eating it so I don't buy it often, but Bann's weird about hay in general. It's good hay though.

Thank you! Good to know it’s of decent quality. Hard to find it anywhere for a cheaper price. I can get a half bale of meadow/timothy hay locally from a country store for 4.95, absolute bargain, but too big for me to store I think…and I’m not sure if I’d react to it…so trying to play it safe 😊
Thanks again!

Back