• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

opinions on sparkles ear please

• Thread starter Thread starter ninaj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ninaj

Hiya, noticed that sparkle had a pink patch on her ear, its not until last night I noticed that its gone a bit patchy and I could see her veins through it :'(, does anyone know what it could be and should I take her round to the vet ? she is 9 weeks old and I have had her for 3 weeks, she got a new sister 3 days ago and as far as I know the new piggy hasnt been munching on her ear :-\ thanks :)

If the pic isnt too clear I will try and get a close up

spark.jpg

a closer pic would help. It's hard to tell with that one.
Is it scabby? I am thinking it could be fungal

tried to get a little closer, had to take a pic with camera phone and hold her at the same time, its not scabby and there isnt a lump, just a patchy 3 coloured ear, black, brown and pink :-\ thanks :)

spark2.jpg

I would suggest you email those pics to Crissy at gorgeous guineas. Go to her website www.gorgeousguineas.com. She will be able to advise and recommend one of her melts if she thinks it is fungal. Is there any flakiness like dandruff around the area?

no flakiness round the ear, there is fine hair on it so its not completely bald, will email Crissy, thanks O0

It just looks like the colour of her ear ? Guinea pigs ears can be different colours O0
But was it something that wasnt there before or something as you didnt say ? Did it just come up ? :-\

she is tricolour so that might explain the brown and black parts and thats the colour on her back, but there wasnt as much pink when I got her 3 weeks ago when she was 6 weeks, the other is completely black, I just checked and there was no pain and the ear looked clear, no scabbiness or flakiness, maybe its just a normal ear and I'm thinking too much 98)

Yeah :D You may have noticed it more now as shes probably grown more or something but I'm sure theres nothing to worry about and it is just the colour of her skin O0
Do you have a piccie of her before so we can see her ear when she was ikkle :)

Lol now you have said that, yes it probably is just the colour of her skin. Georgies ears are pink :D

I dont want to point out the obvious - but yeah...thats just her colouring ;D ;D ;D

Perfectly normal :)

awww bless she just has cute little ears :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

actually saying that from this photo (3 weeks ago) :smitten: I think it was obvious her left ear was going to be different but I wasnt seeing it ::), thanks everyone *runs off in embarrassment* ;D

sparkle-1.jpg

;D ;D
She is a beauty :smitten: You dotn need to feel embarrassed ::) It was just a question and you felt a little worried thats all O0

thanks, yes she is adorable :smitten: her new friend is smaller and chocolate and light brown, will post a pic of them in the gallery when I can get the both of them together without them legging it in the bed ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back