Opinions On Fleece Wadding Liners.

BlueBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wondered what people's opinions were of fleece liners with wadding core was. I've got one liner like this and it's my least favourite. Mainly because it isn't absorbent at all and makes the cage smell a lot sooner than my other ones. I use free newspapers underneath my liners to mop up the pee in the favourite toilet areas but the wadding liner relies solely on the newspaper mopping up the pee which I guess is what makes it smell quickly.

Wadding liners seem to be the most common kind getting sold online so am I in the minority hating them? If they don't absorb then what's the advantage of buying them in liner form? Why not use a fleece blanket instead? Am I using wadding liners wrong? I'm busy at work most days so my cage bedding needs to be pretty low maintenance. And changing the liners in the cage every 2 days is a nightmarish thought. My washing machine would never stop washing stuff! LOL!

i have one wadding liner,i use puppypads underneath and change every for days.i also use ziggypiggies liners that have toweling in,these last a week ,no urine leakage.

If it's not absorbing it won't be any good. I go to Tesco & get the 100% cotton face one, it's really absorbent, but don't get anything else. I leave mine on for about 4 days. It will look yuk, when you take it off so I wash it with 3 non bio tablets & was it for about 2-3 hours. No fabric softener.
You can get gorgeous fleeces in Asda, the Range sometimes.

I use zorb (pricey but very absorbent) and cotton mattress protectors as my middle absorbent layer between two layers of fleece.

Wadding is great for comfort but, as you say, hopeless for absorbency!

I use incontinence pads, and I've just purchased some zorb, which I intend to use under VetBed to make pads for their houses. I'm quite happy with the incontinence pads, actually, but was curious to check the zorb. I hope it's worth the price tag!

I used a washable incontinance pad in one liner and found it to be very heavy. Absorbent bit heavy.

Hmm, strange... Mine are polyester, I don't find them much heavier than the fleece itself. But if Zorb is better, great - I'm really looking forward to trying it now :)

I'm actually about to move the piggies onto cage liners, from what I've heard the wadding should absorb the wee and give you no need to put anything underneath.

I'm actually about to move the piggies onto cage liners, from what I've heard the wadding should absorb the wee and give you no need to put anything underneath.
No wadding doesn't absorb. The wee goes straight through. If you want an absorbent middle it needs to be towelling etc.

I use incontinence pads, and I've just purchased some zorb, which I intend to use under VetBed to make pads for their houses. I'm quite happy with the incontinence pads, actually, but was curious to check the zorb. I hope it's worth the price tag!
Hi. Can you tell me how the zorb worked out please

This thread is a few years old so I’m not sure if you’ll get a response. You might be better starting a new thread.

I use cotton mattress protectors which have served us really well so can’t comment on zorb but it has a good reputation for absorbency, especially in the world of cloth nappies but it is expensive compared to cotton.

I switched to zorb. So much better! I found the towelling broke my washing machine if I wasn't too careful. It was a fine balance between putting too much in that would burn out the motor and putting too little in so that the machine was off balance and wooden spin. Both horrible outcomes in a flat btw!
Zorb seemed to be less heavy (for me anyway) in the washing machine which meant it was a bit kinder on my machine.

Back