OPINION ON THIS HUTCH PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowny

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This hutch needs TLC and a damn good clean, but am considering fostering and wondered whether it would be suitable. It would fit in my shed with the other hutches. Its smaller lengthways (and height per individual hutch) than my other hutches and am therefore unsure whether its worth bidding on or not. Just thinking though that if a gp in need could be safe, warm and dry and loved etc, it would be worth it. There would be chance to get out of the hutch for a run (as per my other little piggies). Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160056978259&rd=1&rd=1

Hiya, I think it looks a bit grim at the moment but if you could get it very cheap and do it up I don't see why it couldn't be used for fostering piggies - it's obviously not going to be long term accommodation as the hutches are only 3 and half foot wide but as an emergency I would consider it.

I don't think I'd pay a lot for it though and then a van to transport it as I think it'll need some tarting up to make it suitable so it depends if you can pick it up and get it cheap.

Its amazing what a pot of paint can do! When I have had 2nd hand hutches in the past I have always painted the inside walls with any spare kitchen & bathroom paint I have as its wipe clean & dries quicker than gloss. The outside usually gets done in cuprinol. I sometimes replace hinges too. I feel alot better about putting my pigs into repainted hutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back