Opinion on cage

Qpigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and I'm trying to work out what cage to get. I've decided on 4x2 for my 2 girls when they arrive. I'd settled on C&Cguineapigs but they no longer do baby bars, and I was advised for 11 week olds the 9x9 holes might be too big. I don't want to faff with altering correx to go further up the sides or buy extra grids to layer.

My next stop was Kavee, as they have baby bars, but they are more expensive, and there are some not so great reviews.

My next stop was Amazon. Would this be ok? The bars look small enough for little ones? If so, I'm planning to have them on the floor, which is wood. Given that I'll be using fleece, would I need correx?

SONGMICS Guinea Pig Playpen, Indoor Rabbit Run Hutch Cage, Large Exercise Enclosure, DIY Metal Modular Fence for Hamster, Pet, Small Animals, Black LPI01H https://amzn.eu/d/hCUOS4H

Or are there any better cage options?

Thank you!

The grids on that songmics look Very similar to Kavee grids.

Yes you need to put something on the floor to protect it - correx or plastic sheeting, shower curtain, Lino etc.

I don't use correx, I got a roll of tarp and cut it down to size. Easier than trying to get correx to stay where it should, and much more lightweight, too.

I'm a newbie and I'm trying to work out what cage to get. I've decided on 4x2 for my 2 girls when they arrive. I'd settled on C&Cguineapigs but they no longer do baby bars, and I was advised for 11 week olds the 9x9 holes might be too big. I don't want to faff with altering correx to go further up the sides or buy extra grids to layer.

My next stop was Kavee, as they have baby bars, but they are more expensive, and there are some not so great reviews.

My next stop was Amazon. Would this be ok? The bars look small enough for little ones? If so, I'm planning to have them on the floor, which is wood. Given that I'll be using fleece, would I need correx?

SONGMICS Guinea Pig Playpen, Indoor Rabbit Run Hutch Cage, Large Exercise Enclosure, DIY Metal Modular Fence for Hamster, Pet, Small Animals, Black LPI01H https://amzn.eu/d/hCUOS4H

Or are there any better cage options?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum. Can’t wait to see your piggies when you get them.

I found Kavee to be really reasonably priced. They give you 10% off your 1st order too, I think I paid £76 for my 6x2 including shipping from overseas.

Back