Online Pet Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBird

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there,

So I'm trying to find a good all-round pet suppliers for Guinea pigs. Particularly hides as my pigs are particularly adept at destroying theirs.

I'm trying to stay away from pets at home and the last time I went to my local pets shop, I felt like I walked in to one of those shows where they follow the RSPCA round on call outs! (They were mid refit but I'm not sure I'd give them the benefit of the doubt). I've tried zooplus but find they are a bit hit and miss with things. Brilliant for hides, food not so much (or at least the food I'm confident feeding to my pigs).

Does anyone know a good pet supplier?

I've used zooplus, petplanet and amazon for bits before. I often have a look through Quidco to see which pet websites I can earn cashback through :))

I use Amazon for food and hay. When it comes to fleece items I use Ziggy's Piggies. She's really good. PiggiePigPigs is good too, but more expensive.

i use vet uk for food and supplies,i used the range this weekend to get some colourful bendy logs .use piggiepigpigs for cosies.use hay experts,viovet.amazon to get banana and apple critical care.pet planet to buy a 150cm cage.

I mainly rely on Amazon for my pet supplies as the prices are competitive for what I buy (mainly hay, nuggets and bedding), plus it's very convenient for me and I have Prime delivery, courtesy of my Dad, meaning pretty much everything I order arrives same day or the day after. For toys, I buy from Amazon (again), my excellent local pet shop (they do a huge variety that I can't get else where, although are a bit more expensive) and Viovet. My fleece items are all PiggiePigPigs, but I only have a couple of lap pads, one Bunny Snug and one PigWam. Otherwise, I have a massive stack of puppy fleeces from Poundland to keep them warm and for cuddles.

I do buy some treats and toys from Pets At Home, but I do try and avoid it because they are very expensive, however I loved the Christmas range, so I bought loads of those items. The limited edition items are great in the sale, namely the beautiful cabin house I bought for my hamster half price in the sale (no one wants to pay £8 for it!).

I get my food, hay and stuff like carrot cottages and edible tunnels from Amazon. Hides etc, I got mine from Ziggy's Piggies as well, and they were absolutely brilliant about my order, even after PayPal screwed up the payment.

Ziggy's Piggies are fantastic for hides and cage accessories if you are within europe. She also has a Facebook store page too.

I love to order from her as her prices are fair, the color choices numerous and if you read her "about" page you'll discover that you'll be helping the business of a strong lady fighting some tough medical conditions rather than a corporate chain. Also her level of customer service is exceptional!

As for food items, I'm not in the Uk so No recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back