one very upset pig

• Thread starter Thread starter lisa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lisa

Please can anyone give us some advice My 10 year old son has just lost his 3yr old guinea pig Sandy on Friday. She died very suddenly and we don't know why, she was fine eatting and drinking in the morning, looked fine in the afternoon but was dead by tea. Our other pig Barbara who is the same age seems so upset she is eatting and drinking but has stopped squeaking and isn't running around when she out of the cage she isn't herself at all, she was always the bossy one and lead Sandy astray. My son is now getting very worried that we my lose Barbara, He has had so much upset this month as 2 weeks ago our 16 year old Staffy died (who did get along with the pigs so Barbara may also be missing him). We are thinking of a rescue pig but should we go for young or old male or female and how :'( soon should we get one. Any advice is welcome

Hi, I would suggest a female of the same age as barbara or 2 younger ones if you have them time/room and money for 3 as if you get babs a friend who is young and will prob outlive her you will find yourself in the same situation again when babs passes away, or you could go for a neutured male pigger i dont think there is much fighting with male/female and they live quite happily together, if you go to a rescue they will be able to pair up another pig who they think the personality will match your babs.

ps only calling her babs cus typing barbaba is long lol

Poor little Barbara, she must be very confused and puzzled :(

Our bunny died a while back and left Molly the Guineapig alone, Molly became quite withdrawn and took to sitting up the sleeping end and not coming out much . . . we bought a 7 week old girl piggy to live with her, Molly accepted her readily and it really seemed to perk her up . . .

we have bought 3more young lady piggies since and all 5 now live very happily together :smitten:

I definitely think a new pig is your answer hth x

:) Take Barbara to a rescue and let her choose her new pal. They're much better at it than Humans :)

karenrgpr said:
:) Take Barbara to a rescue and let her choose her new pal. They're much better at it than Humans :)

I'd do this too as not all sows appreciate a boy as a partner, one of mine hates both my neutered boars ::)

Hi there and welcome to the forum from OZ :)
Sorry to hear about your little piggie Sandy RIP little girl :'( :'( :'(

Niki said:
karenrgpr said:

I'd do this too as not all sows appreciate a boy as a partner, one of mine hates both my neutered boars ::)

Great idea O0 O0 O0 Good luck, let us know what happens :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back