One house or two?

• Thread starter Thread starter mamapie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mamapie

Do pairs of GPs prefer to have their own house in their cage or share one?

Mine hate being in the same pigloo together so I have plenty of hidey holes for them both.

It really depends on the relationship between the pigs but I always prefer to have more for them rather than too little.

The rescue home we got them from only had one but we have 2. Each fit in theirs but they don't both fit in one iyswim? Perhaps I should replace one of them with a larger one so that they have the option of being together?

all my girls cram into one, i have a larger wooden house for them thugh because there is 5 of them, yet my boys wont even sit and cuddle up to each other lol so i guess its how the relationship is between pigs

My two adult males like to sleep in the same house but they also like their own space aswell. I think you should get two or more, depends on the size of the cage.

My sows don't 'do' sharing. I don't have hidey houses because I just didn't see them - they hid all the time and pottied in them, but I have shelves and hammocks, cosies and cuddle cups, chubes and fiddle sticks bridges so they have plenty on bolt holes. I think it's good to mix it up a bit, makes it more interesting for everyone.

One of my pens isn't bothered about houses, another are quite fanatical about who sleeps where and with whom! I put extra houses in the latter pen at night, they're like a load of old women when it comes to settling down ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back