One guinea pig nibbling other guinea pig's bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently had to have one of the guinea pig's teeth filed down at the vet's. Although she has recovered and seems to be eating O.K. she has developed this habit of following the other one round nibbling at her bottom - constantly. They're both girls.

Is this normal behaviour? Is it temporary because she's been ill?

ummmm never actually seen mine do this of what i can remember ;D but if the others are getting annoyed then all i can say is do they have enough food, hay and toys to nibble on :)

Do you think she is taking pellets from the other pig?.Gps will do this if they are deficient in vitimin B12.Are the pellets of the gp doing this normal?.

It's probably because she hasn't been eating and then she's been on antibiotics so her pellets are not nutritious enough! No idea how you can check

I would just let her do this.Piggies now what is good for them!.You could even offer her some of the large pellets from another pig.

Are they new together? or been away from each other for a while? I would say she is just overly attentively licking her bottom, my piggies do it if a new arrival comes into the group. It could also be a kind of piggy ranking! Also she my well be after the poops. I would not worry unless the others bum becomes red and saw looking. Piggies behavior can be rather gross compared to hours, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back