• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

OMG Merlins had a prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just been out to the girls and found my darling merlin who suffers with ovarian cysts with her insides hanging out ,to say I'm in shock is putting it mild, I got so upset Mick had to come running out and comfort me I phoned the vet and shes gone up there now with MIck I just couldn't do it I know as shes 5 and already has health problems she will be PTS, I'm still shaking never in all my years has this happened to me she was in the run yesterday fine and well, and was eating today but she did look thin her insides were coils of bloody looking mass my poor baby has anyone else ever heard of this I just instinctivley knew it was a prolapse, I feel sick and sore after crying so much Mick wouldn't leave me until my mum came up to look after me ( think they think I'm going to crack up) I just cant stop shaking :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oh HUGS you poor poor thing bless her little heart keep us updated ! thinking of you !

Oh Michelle what a terrible shock! :'( Just try and think about the nice times you have had with Merlin! Thank goodness Mick was there he sounds such a lovely, caring guy.

I'm glad you have your mum with you now.

I've never heard of it happening before with a guinea pig but I remember someone telling me it had happened to their rabbit.

I'm so sorry such an awful thing has happened. How long has Mick been gone?

Love and hugs xx

oh my god, poor you GIANT (((hugs))) shock is something i would be severly in if i were in your posistion :'(

Ive never seen it but the OH said with pigs, cows and sheep he has and can be quite easily fixed...but small animals are a totally diff thing :(

Thinking of you hun, that must have been a horrible thing to find, I am so so sorry for you :(

I'm pacing the room here still shaking I just know she will be PTS so need to find her a good place in the garden maybe pace out there, MIck is an angel he knows how upset I get over my animals, mums the one who calms me down other then Mick, I'm worried sick about Max the dog in the heat his bro Charlie died a year ago next month so thats on my mind, big time, now this horrors is nothing believe me , just spoke to my eldest son he always cheers me up like peas in a pod us two, but even he was shocked becasue he looked after them when we went away and knows them all, I'm gonna do more pacing let you know later, I hope none of you younger ones sees this I wouldn't let my kids see her carrie anne is upset she didn't see her before she went but it would be horrific for her young eyes , going to pace the garden now :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :o :o

OMG!  :o :o :'(  :'(  Poor little darling. I'm not surprised you're in shock! Its not exactly something you expect to see! I would be just like you if I was in the same situ.

Big big hugs to You and Merlin (and mick). Thinking of you - Ive got my fingers crossed very tightly that she'll be ok! I really hope she will be.

You couldnt have done anything to prevent it.

OMG That is awful. I feel for you, what a horrible shock. Please let us know what happens.
(((((hugs)))))) :'(

Micks just got back, he saw Heidi who is wonderful ,apparently Merlin had a mass in her stomach and it had pushed her intestines out which could never have been put back in so she was PTS, Heidi said its very unusual but it does happen the mass was probably cancerous and was quite hugh but I never felt a thing she was tiny pig but still I never felt a thing, at least yesterday she got a day in the run enjoying the grass and sun and she lived a happy life in her herd , I tell you that was about the worst thing to happen to me for a long time, so everyone check and check again your pigs tummys any swellings get it seen to you would never want to see what I saw today, sweet dreams little girl you will be missed by everyone :'( :'( 0:) Micks going to bury her in a while when I deciede where, 0:)

soooo sorry michelle, must of been horrific for you,, RIP LITTLE MERLIN,
x paulax thinking of you

Very very sorry she's gone to rainbow bridge. :'(

I dont know what else to say but I'm thinking of you. Today must have been your worst nightmare come true.

Loadsa love and hugs from Me - and piggies kisses from my girlies :-*

RIP darling Merlin. Run free at the bridge... 0:)

:'( :'( :'( So sorry to hear this, rest in peace little one, thinking of you michelle!

thanks everyone especially Kelly and Shaz I am still really upset its like a horror movie lord knows what my sleeps going to be like tonight, Mick said Heidi was wonderful she was so gentle with her and said how rare in small animals this is but if it happens its often a mass pushing out her intestines , a womb prolapse is more common but Merlin never had any bubs anyway, she is now at peace under the poppy garden with some other of my furballs the girls herd got treated with some dandelion leaves I went for a walk and found them, luckly i live in a nice area with plenty of fields etc,
I've looked for some info about it on the web but its all vet wording so a little beyond me, if anyone finds any info about it please let me know, I must admit when it happened the first thing I thought was thats it no more guinea pigs for me its too horrific, but after a few cuddles especially from dipstick Merlins dad I'm just hoping it wont happen again but all of them got tum checks this evening and no swellings that I could feel , I gave up on Duke hes still like a nut case darting round his run mad as a hatter that one, again thanks all of you,you dont know how much having you all to talk to helped,

Michelle i've responded in RB, i'm so so sorry love, wish i was there to hug you :'( :'( :'(
I've taken this long to read this post after discovering the RB one, i just found it hard to know what happened, cause i'm devastated for you :'(

Mega hugs for you all, from us and Duke sends special special piggie kisses to her friends and you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

aw so sorry michelle , only just saw this , R.I.P sweet piggy bigs hugs michelle :'( :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back