Older Boar Cleaning

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
My boar is 4 and a half, almost 5 and his anal sack gets quite messy from time to time. I am always having to remove hay from it and I have to clean it more thoroughly, almost fortnightly, to remove hair, hay and mucus build up. If I did not clean it, I do not think it would cause him any harm for a while as he is still able to clean himself, just not as well, but he does get very stinky after a while, if that shows what stage we are at with it.

I just use a q-tip with warm water and I have found that works quite well. Today I saw a video online of someone who keeps a few q-tips in oil (not sure what type?) and then uses them once a week to clean their old boars anal sack. Does this work? Will it harm my boy at all? Is it recommended?

I also have a separate question. In the boar care guide it mentions smegma build up but I have been advised in another thread previously that nothing should need extruded, like the penis, so I am wondering how I would check this without extruding the penis.
Thanks!

I have only given bum baths to my old boy Finn who will be nearly 7 this year. During bum baths, I check to make sure nothing is stuck in his bum. I have had hay stuck in his bum in the past so I make sure to go over and check.
I have never done how you described above with Q-Tips?

I have only given bum baths to my old boy Finn who will be nearly 7 this year. During bum baths, I check to make sure nothing is stuck in his bum. I have had hay stuck in his bum in the past so I make sure to go over and check.
I have never done how you described above with Q-Tips?
I really only find the need to clean the anal sack with my boy, and the q-tip helps me do that.
It’s just a quick move around with the q-tip and warm water to remove any build up.

I had to clean up Smegma from my RB Piggy Silver Fox Christian's willy on a weekly basis. He couldn't keep himself clean as he had arthritis in his back. I had to pop his willy out in order to do this. I cleaned it VERY gently with a Q-tip. It's quite a stinky job and I didn't like doing it but as he couldn't I didn't have much choice. He also had quite a few sperm rods which I had to clear too as he couldn't. This is the worst one:
HUGE Sperm Rod.JPG

Usually they were a lot smaller like this:

Christian Sperm Rod 2.JPG

Here is our guide may help you.
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

I had to clean up Smegma from my RB Piggy Silver Fox Christian's willy on a weekly basis. He couldn't keep himself clean as he had arthritis in his back. I had to pop his willy out in order to do this. I cleaned it VERY gently with a Q-tip. It's quite a stinky job and I didn't like doing it but as he couldn't I didn't have much choice. He also had quite a few sperm rods which I had to clear too as he couldn't. This is the worst one:
View attachment 228488

Usually they were a lot smaller like this:

View attachment 228489

Here is our guide may help you.
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths
Wow, that looks painful!
I’ve never had any issue with boar glue with Winston, in all honesty I don’t believe he has ever… you know, as I have never had to clean up anything off either of his cage mates or himself. Although his past cage mate and now his new baby friend are much less gentleman like, bless him.

I’ve checked his penis today, he has cauliflower willy and a “fat” willy.
I’m not 100% sure if it is normal but his penis is very fat (it looks like basically a shell of fat) all the way along and then goes smaller at his ‘tip’. There’s no prominent buildup from what I can see and I was not in the position or want to pull back the ‘fatty’ skin covering his penis to check as everything seemed fine.
Had to give his anal sack another clean today, but I think i’m just going to stick with warm water as i’m wary of using oil. Thanks

Back