Old Boar

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I’ve been talking to a rescue for a little while now, since I decided to put one of my boars up for adoption and boar date the other.

My boy is a 1 year old boar with loads of energy. He’s quite laid back but will stand his ground when needed.
They have 6 single boars at the rescue currently, and the one I am looking at has almost identical coat markings to my Reggie.

The “issue” is that he is 2.5-3 years old. Now I don’t mind this, and if anything i’m hoping it makes for an easier bonding as he will be calmer, but is this unfair on Reggie?. I know it’s only one possibly two years between them, but all my piggies have only lived to 5 and I don’t want them to be bonded and happy just for Reggie to be on his own again in a couple years.

Is this a silly way of thinking? Should i look for a younger pig?

It’s really all down to personality. I would have a go at bonding him to this piggie, no one can look into the future and what’s ahead. Just live for now and what your needs are at this time. I have found planning in advance never works, go with the flow

Good luck 🤞

I agree. If they like each other age doesn’t matter to them. You don’t know when either of them will pass so just live for now.

I hope the bonding goes well. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We’ve officially set a date for the surrendering/dating, Thursday next week.

The guilt is eating me up and I honestly can’t stop crying, which may sound dramatic to some, but its something i’m dealing with currently.
I just hope he will settle in well and find the perfect family.

The guilt is eating me up and I honestly can’t stop crying, which may sound dramatic to some, but its something i’m dealing with currently.
It's such a hard decision to have to make. But you are doing what is best for your boys. Sending you hugs.

It’s such a hard decision but you are doing the right thing for both your boys. I still feel guilty and tear up about rehoming Esme last month. I hope the dating goes well x

I still feel guilty because I rehomed one of my original pair, I definitely shouldn't as he's living his best life as a husboar!
You are doing the right thing ❤️

Back