Oil filled radiators

Guinea Slave

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Looking for help. For years now I have had oil filled radiators, I replaced one recently with a newer one (I am paranoid about electrics in their shed so replace every other year). I cannot find one that works well any more. This current one is supposedly sophisticated
with a digital thermostat but it’s either too hot or too Cold. it just doesn’t work correctly. I just want one which keeps the shed to 18 degrees without me doing anything!

any recommendations? Shed is about about 8 feet square, and they are in c&c cages.

thanks!

I have an oil filled radiator to keep the piggy room warm enough, but it's over 10 years old... not sure of the make, it may be Supawarm, it came from a local hardware store. The dial on it is broken so I can't adjust the heat level, but I've noticed it still turns itself off periodically so it's still working.
I use a plug in thermostat with a remote sensor to keep the heat in the room at 17-20 degrees.

I’m beginning to think that the old ones are the best! Good idea re the plug in thermostat.

I’m beginning to think that the old ones are the best! Good idea re the plug in thermostat.
Remote Control Plug In Wireless Thermostat - Low Energie
This is the one I bought. It keeps the temperature within a range of about 4 degrees (a bit more possibly when it's really cold, as the temperature can continue to fall while the radiator heats up again). At the time I bought it, 2 years ago, this was the only one available with a remote thermostat which I could put in the hutch/cage for a more localised reading.

Remote Control Plug In Wireless Thermostat - Low Energie
This is the one I bought. It keeps the temperature within a range of about 4 degrees (a bit more possibly when it's really cold, as the temperature can continue to fall while the radiator heats up again). At the time I bought it, 2 years ago, this was the only one available with a remote thermostat which I could put in the hutch/cage for a more localised reading.
I bought this exact one and it’s fantastic. After spending money on fancy oil filled heaters which clearly have very poor quality thermostats, this is just brilliant.

Thank you for, your advice.

Back