• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Oh My Goodness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of my piggies is showing all the symptoms of ovarian cysts, although i didn't know it until i read the strange nipple thread :(

Thelma has hair loss on her sides which i thought was due to barbering.
She has a fat little tummy which i thought was due to her loving her food.
And i thought her nipples had always been like that :'(

We are off to the vets in the morning.
What are her chances?

Personally I wouldn't worry too much, the symptoms seem to bother us more than them. The only way to get rid of them completely is a spay but personally I wouldn't recommend this. A lot of people have had success with hormone injections which shrink the cysts. Sows can live a long time with them, they are very common.

Although my vet is very good, theyn don't like neautering/spaying unless its life threatining.
She is only two years old, i was under the impression that older sows got them?

JellyBelly said:
Although my vet is very good, theyn don't like neautering/spaying unless its life threatining.
She is only two years old, i was under the impression that older sows got them?

Not necessarily. While it's more common in older piggies they can appear at any time.

She behavaves totally normal, doesnt even show any aggression to any of the others.

I am going to see what the vet says O0

My Aunty just had 4 Cysts removed from her ovaries............................ Shes better now though, I got $20 for baby sitting her kids (my cousins) for the week, kinda a rip lol....... Oh well, I got the earrings I wanted! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back