Oh my god!

• Thread starter Thread starter kath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kath

Ive just tried to put back together 2 females who used to live together until 1 was due her babies so i put them in seperate cages side by side so that they could still see and smell each other world war 3 just broke out so ive separated them again why have they done this I really thought they'd be ok.
sorry guys I'm just abit new at this and wasn't expecting any babies but misty must have been pregnant when i got her

Hi Kath,

Tell me about it. I've just tried introducing my Sheltie back with two others and it didn't go well but now Cuzzy is back in his cage in the hutch and they are kissing one another. Hubby is watching them so I think we've made progress. It's new to me too so I'm thinking we need a lot of patience.

You could introduce them on neutral ground, somewhere where they haven't been before, pehaps the hall and then build on it from there. It may take a while for them to become firm friends again but keep trying it can be done.

I'm sure those who have successfully done this with Sows can advise.

Good luck!

Louise
:)

Just keep them close to each other for now in seprate cages once the babies are away from mum the two girls should be fine together. I had to do this with two pregnant Sows and they went back together no problem after the babies were gone :) I did not breed the sows they came to me pregnant.

war broke out when i tried to introduce pansy back to her sister after peony(pansy's sis) had had babies. she bit pansy quite badly cos she was protecting her baby, who was like 3 months old by the way, and they had been next to each other the whole time, all i can say is very slowly do intros, don't know. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back