• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Off to the vets at 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I found Blossom in pain at 12 and it sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection. Taking her at 3pm to the vets hope she is going to be OK keep your fingers crossed for us.

All fingers and paws crossed here.....get well soon Blossom :-*

I know youve probably already gone by now but FINGERS CROSSED 0:) for Blossom - Hope everythings all ok :-*

ooOo you will be there, fingers crossed for you hunni, hope its easily fixed, these things happen :(

GOOD LUCK! O0

Thinking of you and blossom.x

Good luck. Hope all went ok.

Does anyone know what happened?

Does anyone have Michelles number or speak to Ali on MSN to ask her?

Thinking of you honey, hope its all okay :-\

Michelle I really hope Blossom is ok thinking of you all!

Hiya everyone
Blossom does have an upper respiratory infection :'( and has been given baytril. The good is news though is I caught it in the beginning and my vet was amazed that I could hear the very light rattle inside her. I compared her breathing to a couple of other piggies ;) Thankyou everyone for all your messages :smitten: I am so sorry it took me so long to come back on to let you know how we got on. As some of you know I broke my laptop last week and the only internet access I have during the day at the moment is my LCD television with a wireless keyboard and mouse it is dreadfully slow due to the tower being as old as the hills and loses connection easily the keyboard is rubbish to type on missing letters etc and it drives me insane trying to use it.
Will be taking Blossom back next week to hopefully get the all clear. I have her in the house with Treacle to keep her company. I am so lucky to have such a great vet that cares about little animals poor Blossom was so scared while we where there.

Glad she is going to be ok Michelle. Keep us posted, is she eating ok?

Well done you on noticing it so quickly. Sending hugs your way,

Louise
x

Well done for catching this in the early stage O0 O0 O0
We've got our paws crossed for little Blossom :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes, well done you for catching it so early. Sending lots of kisses to Blossom for her speedy recovery :-*

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Glad she is going to be ok Michelle. Keep us posted, is she eating ok?

Well done you on noticing it so quickly. Sending hugs your way,

Louise
x

Yes she is eating fine bless her little paws :smitten: and took her meds for me like an 0:) :smitten:

O thank goodness you caught it in time O0 I hope she is feeling better soon!

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :smitten:

Oh thats good news then that you caught it in time - poor blossom but I'm sure shelll be ok with a little time with her med :smitten:

I rang my friend Jo (the vet) this morning I like to check prices of things ;) and she has a scan on Monday so is dropping by with her husband also a vet and they are going to check Blossom over as well as the others for me. She said well I like to put your mind at rest but I know you would of checked them all anyway.
As Blossom was a rescue we do not know her exact age and what I do know is I am her 4th home Jo and the vet yesterday agree with me that she is over two years old maybe more.One thing I am worried about is that since going to the vets no water has been drunk from the bottles good job I follwed my instinct and gave Blossom her meds orally was told to put it in the water bottle ::) I was also given vit c tablet that I have to crush and feed her with water to mayby that was enough.

Hi Michelle, i found that Ralfie prefered to just chew the vit C tablets himself rather than by syringe which was a bit less to stress him out over so you could try blossom that way if its easier? Ralfie loved the orange flavoured ones :) i hope she's ok xxxxx

It sounds like you are doing all the right things! come on blossom drink the water! :)

jnenbnb said:
Hi Michelle, i found that Ralfie prefered to just chew the vit C tablets himself rather than by syringe which was a bit less to stress him out over so you could try blossom that way if its easier? Ralfie loved the orange flavoured ones :) i hope she's ok xxxxx

:) Blossom does not mind the syringe I crush the tablet between two spoons and give her it mixed with water she laps it up the same way she has the Baytril. The daft thing was the way I was told to put Baytril in her water bottle and change it daily ::) good job I have sense to feed it orally she would never get better if I had done that. Jo told me to give 0.3 as she is a huge piggie twice a day and James her hubby was home and siad the same.

Awww I'm glad shes okay (or at least getting that way) drink up girly! Bloody vets dont know what they are on about half the time, well dont for having the common sense to make sure she got the meds :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back