• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Odd hair loss patches

Ladisrupt

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it has come to my attention that my guinea pig, Peanut, approximately 2 years old has developed some lack of hair on his back.

Due to his fur color, I have only just noticed this today. There seems to be no inflammation, irritation or change of color on his skin where this is occuring, and its happening in a sort of symmetrical way on his back, like shown in the image.

As I do, I have been monitoring his weight, and it seems to match up with how its been the past few months, around 1250-1350 grams. He is also eating and drinking normally, and nor do I see him itching this area.

I hope this is nothing serious as vet fees wouldn't be great at the moment, thank you!

Attachments

• 20230417_201820.webp
    20230417_201820.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately he needs to see a vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment, the sooner the better, the longer you leave it the harder it will be to treat.

Back