• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Odd Guinea Pig Behaviour.

• Thread starter Thread starter ozzie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ozzie

Well, I've had my guinea pig, Ozzie, for about 5 years, and I find guinea pigs are great. However, as I got into middle school and high school, I became quite a lot busier, and so couldn't give as much attention, although my older sister, brother, mom and dad gave her lots of attention along with me as well.

However, after she had surgery around the year before last, she seemed fine until this winter. Now, she's been making this odd sound that makes her sound like she's crying, and they pause between each. Also, when she eats, sometimes, she stops and is chewing, and it sounds like she is slightly choking. She uses her from paws to kinda wipe her mouth or that's what it looks like, and then continues on eating normally.

It's quite odd, although that sound, I had only heard her make it a few times before, but she's been doing it more frequently. Any advice or possibilities on what it might be?

Thanks.

-Oz.

Hi there and welcome to the forum :)
I'd advise you to go to the vets love, almost sounds like it could be a few things :-\
I find my piggie wipes his face a fair bit when his toofies are playing up and perhaps the noise could be a rattly chest so i would say your piggie might need some medication O0
All the very best, sorry there's no mods on at the moment who'd be able to help you... i'm sure when they all wake up they'll be more than happy to advise you then :)
We'll have our paws crossed for your little piggie :smitten:

I've no experience with teeth problems but could that be it? She is in older pig and sounds as if she is wiping her mouth because she is drooling and choking because she can't mash her food up very well.

I agree with Glynis a would take her to the vets. :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back