Oats to gain weight?

guineapigdad84

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what type of oats to give Mary. She’s lost weight over the summer from gut problems and recently a UTI, plus over a month on antibiotics.

The only oat I know is Quicker Instant Oatmeal in the cardboard container or packets. Obviously that isn’t right. I don’t know or understand the difference. Can somebody please give me product names or Amazon link to the proper kind? In the USA. Thank you.

Putting the weight back on will unfortunately take longer than it did losing it.

I think plain oats is fine. Does the instant oats have sugar added to it? I’ll tag @Betsy and @Merab's Slave who have offered their piggies oats after losing weight due to illness.

Putting the weight back on will unfortunately take longer than it did losing it.

I think plain oats is fine. Does the instant oats have sugar added to it? I’ll tag @Betsy and @Merab's Slave who have offered their piggies oats after losing weight due to illness.
I know it takes time. I am not worried or frustrated, just looking for something additional or aside from Critical Care to help her along. I’m not a cook, I don’t really know things. I don’t want to buy the wrong thing or something that wouldn’t actually be healthy for them. Please provide product names or links only. I will PayPal to get the correct information if need be.

Yes plain porridge oats is what you need. I add in a bit with the syringe food or you can put some in a bowl and add a bit of grated carrot, sweet potato or apple. Here is my Rainbow Piggy Cutey Pie Dennis enjoying oats, grated apple and sweet potato.

Dennis oats s spud _ apple.JPG

I use these.

A4520E11-209C-4A8B-8CE5-90E938DBFB53.webp

Just buy plain oats with nothing else in them. 👍🏻

Back