oat, barley, rye & timothy

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
thinking about growing the following for my girls.. has anyone got experience with any of these types of grasses? do any need to be fed less often? i believe from research they are all suitable for pigs BUT i just wanted to double check with the best guinea pig information source ever, TGPF🤗🤗

Attachments

• IMG_1333.webp
    IMG_1333.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1332.webp
    IMG_1332.webp
    38 KB · Views: 11
does anyone know if its safe to plant seeds without soaking first? everywhere says to soak i didnt know if its to help germination or if its dangerous or anything to not soak them?

does anyone know if its safe to plant seeds without soaking first? everywhere says to soak i didnt know if its to help germination or if its dangerous or anything to not soak them?
Soaking is just to speed up germination.
However I would still recommend soaking the seeds depending on what type of grass your growing.

Hope this helps.

Soaking is just to speed up germination.
However I would still recommend soaking the seeds depending on what type of grass your growing.

Hope this helps.

thankyou! is there any negative affects to the grass if i don’t? will be pigs be okay eating it?

thankyou! is there any negative affects to the grass if i don’t? will be pigs be okay eating it?
They should be fine.
They only negative part of not soaking seeds is that the grass might grow slower.

:agr:

When it’s warm, grass is usually quick to germinate.
Soaking seed is often done for hard shelled seeds (such as peas) but even then it isn’t necessary, it should not be needed for grass seed

I grow loads of grass and I've never soaked a seed in my life and never had a problem with it growing. My boys eat it with no ill effects.
:agr:

When it’s warm, grass is usually quick to germinate.
Soaking seed is often done for hard shelled seeds (such as peas) but even then it isn’t necessary, it should not be needed for grass seed

do you think i should avoid all wheatgrass now we know della has sludge?😞

Back