• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Oak Leaf

Pigglesgirl

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I'm very scared because my guinea pig was out playing and she ate a dry old oak leaf someone must have dragged in on their shoes and they are poison idk what to do, she is acting fine but I'm scared. Shes a big boned 1 and a half year old girl.

Guinea pigs tend to hide it when something is wrong, so a good way to tell if she is still healthy is to weigh her. If she has lost weight, something is wrong.
If you are really concerned, it never hurts to take her to the vets.
Hopefully she's fine. 🤞

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m sure your piggy will be ok.

Hello, I'm very scared because my guinea pig was out playing and she ate a dry old oak leaf someone must have dragged in on their shoes and they are poison idk what to do, she is acting fine but I'm scared. Shes a big boned 1 and a half year old girl.

Hi and welcome

Please stop worrying. A single leaf won't do any harm. Piggies need to eat a lot more of it or eat it daily before it becomes a problem. :)

Oak is not one of the few plants that are so highly toxic that only a very little is enough to kill. Foxglove is by far the deadliest garden plant in that respect. Even buttercups they need to eat more of than just one leaf. :tu:

PS: We would kindly ask you to not use upper case in titles. It makes them more difficult to read for us when we look through the alerts for the most urgent threads since our last visit so they rather end up at the bottom of the heap under miscellaneous instead of where they should be in our own order of urgency.

Back