• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

not sure whats wrong

• Thread starter Thread starter kath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kath

Ive taken on my step daughters 2 guinea pigs cus her mum could'nt be bothered with the mess they were both fat piggies when i got them but josh seems to be losing weight hes still eating and drinking loads just wondered if anybody knows what could be wrong :(

do you how much weight hes lost and how much he now weighs, it may give people a clearer idea :)

not sure how much he did weigh to be honest but i can weigh him tomorrow :(

yea if you weigh them both every week that will give you a clearer idea, my piggies will go up and down a little bit each week, but if he starts loosing alot i would probably take him to vets

Hi, have you had them out on grass? If he is eating all his food and drinking and is otherwise well in himself (i.e running around, not lethargic) then I would say he needs worming. You need to pop along to your vet and they will give him pancur. I think the dose has to be repeated 7 days later, but I am sure Mary or Karen will be along soon :)

Kath,

A piggy that is drinking and eating a lot and losing weight,may have diabetis.Take the piggy to a vet to have the urine tested.If you can get one,take a sample with you.Urine tests are not 100% reliable,so if the vet does suspect diabetis a blood test will need to be done.Diabetis is treatable.

if josh is loosing a lot of weight, i should get him to a vet definitely. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back