Not sure what to do

whitetop

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all

Sadly my boy elvis passed away and now i got a lonely girl now, (passed away due to muscle problems of the jew, vet said its not uncommon due to how much they have to chew) well its been two months since and our girl is starting to show that shes lonely (i know its been some time but she showed she was fine) she gets fuss all the time but i think she now needs a friend, i've read the thread on bonding and what do do but i'm not sure if to get a girl or a boy. I know with a girl they could fight as we was thinking of a girl as with a boy we don't have room due to having him neutered and having to keep them a part which may remove they're bond.

So sorry you lost little Elvis
Why don’t you contact a local rescue, you are well placed around the Midlands, have a look on our recommended rescue tab
If you got a boy you would have to make sure he had been neutered for at least 6 weeks before hand. Good rescues often neuter all their single male beforehand, mine does down here in Cornwall and they will also do the bonding too which can be stressful. But that way your girl gets to choose a friend which makes for a far stable relationship

Good luck

i agree with the above.I'm sorry you lost your boy.there are several rescues in the midlands that routinely neuter there boars.ive rehomed neutered boars this year i love boars as they are so personable.once the initial acceptance has been accepted,neutered boar and sow tend to be the most settled .

I was thinking of going back to where i got my girl peggy but the week we had her she had to have a cis taken out and she was not properly vet checked as they would of found it. I can't drive right now as car is out of action.

Shes just been sitting in her run feeling sorry for herself and shes had fuss.

Would you say a boar for sure as i really only wanted my baby elvis to be the last one but if i have to then i'll have to choose that option.

I've messaged rose on facebook, if shes not got one 3-4 yrs old then i'll have to look around, i really don't want a baby again.

Also thank you, elvis was a big part of my life with my mental health but he sadly passed not even 12hrs after my dad passed.❤️

So sorry to hear about your Dad and Elvis.
when these things happen together it can be overwhelming .

there are always brighter days . Even if you don’t think so now.

Back