Not shaking when i hold them, good sign?

VyCanis

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've had my 2 boars for a few months now and haven't tried picking them up until recently

At first they were vibrating alot as I stroked them, and acted pretty nervous. But in the last few days they've been alot more willing to get picked up from my lap (I use a cuddle sack to get them from the cage, they're too speedy). And haven't been shaking at all! Is this a good sign?

I think it is - they have realised you’re ok - once you’re in tune with your piggies you do get to know when they stressed and had enough - lovely for you
Using a cuddle sack is a great way to move them

I've had my 2 boars for a few months now and haven't tried picking them up until recently

At first they were vibrating alot as I stroked them, and acted pretty nervous. But in the last few days they've been alot more willing to get picked up from my lap (I use a cuddle sack to get them from the cage, they're too speedy). And haven't been shaking at all! Is this a good sign?

Hi

It seems that your boys are getting used to being handled. Your 'shaking' is likely iether growling ('I don't like this') or rumbling.
You can find an explanation in this very helpful link here: A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours

Back