Not Really Sure :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie lauren

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi my guinea pig is really long coated and just recently when stroking him he's started to jump around a lot. I've had a lot of piggies but never one with long hair, is this because his hair is irritating him/ tickling him or does he just not want me to touch him? He seem happy enough when left alone talking to himself and squeaking, he's eating fine and drinking fine. Any advice please :)

When mine does this it usually turns out to be a little tangle, which we snip off while she pretends to bite us.

My long haired pig jumps and gets irritated if I go anywhere near her rear end, which is annoying as its where all the tangles are and therefore where I have to trim and comb her the most.
If he jumps when you touch anywhere on his body then I'm not really sure what the problem is there I'm afraid. I'm sure someone else on here can give you better advice :)

If he is sensitive to touch then he could have mites. You could open a thread in health and illness to ask for advice. I would take him to the vets for a check up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back