Not Making A Sound When I Pet Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati Ebrahimi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My cavy let me pet him tonight, but the entire 10 minutes he was really quiet, is that a bad sign?
He changed his position a few times but as soon as he smelled my hand he sat there & let me pet him. But as he was really quite it made me wonder if he wasn't enjoying but was so scared he got quiet.

My cavy let me pet him tonight, but the entire 10 minutes he was really quiet, is that a bad sign?
He changed his position a few times but as soon as he smelled my hand he sat there & let me pet him. But as he was really quite it made me wonder if he wasn't enjoying but was so scared he got quiet.

Please have a read through this link here. It explains all about guinea pig instincts. He is likely still very scared and running on his survival instinct. Settling in and building up confidence takes a long time. Is your guinea pig an only piggy?
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

You may find our information kit for new owners very helpful, but we have a lot more information on a wide range topics at the top of our various Care sections. " Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners

Please have a read through this link here. It explains all about guinea pig instincts. He is likely still very scared and running on his survival instinct. Settling in and building up confidence takes a long time. Is your guinea pig an only piggy?
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

You may find our information kit for new owners very helpful, but we have a lot more information on a wide range topics at the top of our various Care sections. " Starter Kit" Of Information Threads For New Owners
Yeah he's an only piggy, although I think it's all new to him, being touched & handled etc, He made sounds this morning when I pet him. I'm really nervous since it's my first time doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back