Northern Lights / Aurora photos

Did anyone manage to see the Northern Lights last night? They were so clear in Cheshire that even with the light pollution we could see the reds moving around with the naked eye. Others were only visible through the phone camera. Iโ€™m no photographer but managed to catch a few photos. Feel free to post and share any you managed to capture, too.

IMG_1116.webpIMG_1119.webpIMG_1121.webpIMG_1126.webpIMG_1129.webp

I've moved mine here from chat, looks like I've hijacked your thread! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Amazing! Sun has been very active. Sometimes one forgets we are rotating around an open core fusion reactor.

Fun fact for anyone who might not know, the solar flares blocked by our atmosphere are formed by the Sun basically farting on us:clap:

Amazing and beautiful! Nothing to see down here in Cornwall last night. My SIL send us some fab photos from Barnoldswick, quite spectacular

View attachment 258235
Apparently I was wrong, this is a photo taken last night on our favourite beach a few miles away

I follow a few photographers on FB who take photos of Glastonbury Tor. Some didnโ€™t have much luck but another went back up in the early hours of the morning (3-4am) and got some stunners. I got my photos around 10pm but I also heard it was spectacular again around 1.30 (I was tucked up in bed by then)

Back