Norah's nugget food

NikkiJP

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been looking at what food to feed my senior Guinea pigs, they are now 5. I've come across Norah's Nature Adult Guinea pig pellet food. It sounds a good food on the packaging being all natural but has anyone actually tried it? Did your Guinea pigs like it? I'm currently feeding Twitch and have done for a few years now, but was thinking of changing to a more high in protein one now my Guineas are getting older and less agile.

It’s not a food I’d feed. It’s full of grains and alfalfa.
If they are happy on their current food, there is no need to change it

Why are grains and alfalfa bad for them?

Alfalfa should be avoided as it is a high calcium legume. Too much calcium can lead to bladder problems. Grains are also ideally avoided.
Ideally you look for a Timothy hay based pellet (ie with Timothy as the first ingredient).

I've looked at the ingredients of the packet I was looking at getting and it's not got Alfalfa listed.

I used this feed and its fine,it's packaged for pets corner,but it's johnsons advance guinea pig nuggets in Norahs packaging.if your piggie is not prone to bloat or sensitive tummy grains are fine.many prefere not to give pellets that contain grains.just one tablespoon per pig daily for pellets/nuggets.

I used this feed and its fine,it's packaged for pets corner,but it's johnsons advance guinea pig nuggets in Norahs packaging.if your piggie is not prone to bloat or sensitive tummy grains are fine.many prefere not to give pellets that contain grains.just one tablespoon per pig daily for pellets/nuggets.
Thank you for this. I'm going to give it a try as it says about joint care. Thank you

The alfalfa is listed as Lucerne (it’s the alternative name for it). given it’s the second ingredient it is likely to be quite a bit of it.

Depends on your perspective and thinking - I avoid grains and definitely avoid alfalfa, only option for grass based nuggets and then I only feed 2-3 times a week.

Back