Noisy Guinea Pigs

CarlyCoolBeans

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello there,
I'm a bit worried about how noisy my guineas footsteps are I live on the second floor in Japan. Here the walls are so thin. I worried so much that my guineas running back and forth at hours in the night and morning was so loud So i brought 2 types of sound proofing mats and used both of them.But to me it sounds the same. I could still hear their footsteps. But I'm not sure if my neighbor can hear them and i really don't want to be a bother to them. Plus i wake up 4:30 or 5 every morning. Most times because i hear them running back and forth and i worry! Do you think my down stairs neighbors can here them even with the mats?

Hello there,
I'm a bit worried about how noisy my guineas footsteps are I live on the second floor in Japan. Here the walls are so thin. I worried so much that my guineas running back and forth at hours in the night and morning was so loud So i brought 2 types of sound proofing mats and used both of them.But to me it sounds the same. I could still hear their footsteps. But I'm not sure if my neighbor can hear them and i really don't want to be a bother to them. Plus i wake up 4:30 or 5 every morning. Most times because i hear them running back and forth and i worry! Do you think my down stairs neighbors can here them even with the mats?

I think you should be OK with some foamy underlay! it is the vibrations from walking that cause the problem, and you have taken care of it. ;)

Much as my pigs can rustle around when doing their thing, I definitely can't hear their feet from a different floor. I do hear them wheeking for food sometimes, though!

Back