• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Noisy Breathing f10 Antiseptuc Nebuliser

PiggyPack

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience of their URI piggies having heavy snotty loud breathing when first being nebulised with f10? And if so how long did it take to settle down?

I used a nebuliser with various substances including f10, with Zebedee. I kind of assumed that there would be some snotty breathing as the nebulising is meant to loosen the mucus in the airways, though in his case his breathing wasn't that noticeable.

Yes mine have always sounded worse before they got better. The vet told me it's normal, I can't remember how long it lasted. If you are worried I would give the vet a ring and ask. The receptionists at my vets are very good at asking for me and ringing me back.

Back