Noises while petting

VikMal

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Could you please help me with advice? My guinea pig, when I take him for cuddles, makes a strange noise when I pet him, as long as my hand is on him, he makes this noise, when i take my hand away, he stops making the noise. He doesn't seem afraid or something, sitting still, also i am not keeping him by force (i mean that he can freely get away from me if he wants). He doesn't seem stressed or something, when returning to the cage, he eats his hay normally. I am just afraid that he doesn't like being pet and that the noise means that he is unhappy. The noise is accessible via this link : MP3 file with the noise (the MP3 file is on my Google Drive). Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone! Could you please help me with advice? My guinea pig, when I take him for cuddles, makes a strange noise when I pet him, as long as my hand is on him, he makes this noise, when i take my hand away, he stops making the noise. He doesn't seem afraid or something, sitting still, also i am not keeping him by force (i mean that he can freely get away from me if he wants). He doesn't seem stressed or something, when returning to the cage, he eats his hay normally. I am just afraid that he doesn't like being pet and that the noise means that he is unhappy. The noise is accessible via this link : MP3 file with the noise (the MP3 file is on my Google Drive). Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome

Unfortunately, I am unable to access your file and can therefore not comment.
We kindly ask our members from all over the world and of all ages to please upload any videos on a public setting on a service that does not require membership to view them. Youtube for instance is very good. Please respect that this forum is not part of social media, which allows us to offer services in other ways that we would not be able to.

Hi and welcome

Unfortunately, I am unable to access your file and can therefore not comment.
We kindly ask our members from all over the world and of all ages to please upload any videos on a public setting on a service that does not require membership to view them. Youtube for instance is very good. Please respect that this forum is not part of social media, which allows us to offer services in other ways that we would not be able to.
Thank you very much for your kind reply, does it work if you download it? I don't understand why it can't be played online, but maybe it can be downloaded. Thank you in advance.
I use Google Drive because did not find any service that could host MP3 files easily.

That noise is typically described as "chutting", iirc. I can't remember what it means but that might help you narrow your search down a little bit!

Back