nocturnal?

• Thread starter Thread starter chi_and_lattes_mom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chi_and_lattes_mom

ok so this is probably a very stupid question, but are guinea pigs nocturnal? I just got 2 and i've never owned one before, so i really don't know. they seem kind of active, but i'm not sure cuz they also were sleeping earlier. I just got them about 4 hours ago.

Hi pigs are not nocturnal. They are active in the day and mostly sleep at night but may move about a bit so if you have them in your bebroom they may keep you wake.

Enjoy your pigs :)

ok thanks, having them in my room is no problem since i also have 4 very active and loud nocturnal sugar gliders in there as well lol.

Pigs generally sleep for an hour or so then get up, rather than having a long sleep and being awake a long time they have little naps throughout :) Mine tend to sleep in the afternoon then the night. mostly awake in the mornings, late afternoon and evenings, then go to bed at about 11 at night :) x

I visit Duke every night around 2.30am, sometimes he's out eating other times he's snoozing and not always happy to see me ::) ;D ;D

Mine's up all the time, a couple tiems I've seen her taking a nap, other than tht she's up a lot ::). She gets up early in the morning, so I'm guessing she likes to sleep late at night.

my two seem to be awake very early in the morning (John is always up when i get up at 6am) and then come alive again round about now...both have been out in the run most of the day, in at 2.30pm and have snoozed all afternoon...both just got up just now.
But I have VERY lazy piggies :D

chi_and_lattes_mom said:
ok thanks, having them in my room is no problem since i also have 4 very active and loud nocturnal sugar gliders in there as well lol.

OOOOOO PLEASE please post some pics of your sugar gliders i think they are so beautiful! :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back