• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

No Wheeking

• Thread starter Thread starter Sophie1307
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sophie1307

I keep hearing strange sounds coming from Austin. He opens his mouth to wheek and nothing comes out, it just sounds like a faint wheezing. He is still his normal self, playing, eating, drinking etc.
Is it something I should be worrying about?
He's going to be 5 in late July.

Sophie x

I have an oldie (nearly 6) and she cannot wheek anymore, she makes the same noise you are describing. I have had others that have lost thier wheek as they got older.

Ive got an older one who cant wheek either bless him, just like he's lost his voice :smitten:

Awww thanks everyone.
He's never really wheeked much before...he tries now though. :smitten:

i have a 5 month old that does not wheek (or can't) but my other pig makes up for it by never shutting up lol

Helga gets like this occasionally as well but is fine at other times, especially when she's telling me off for disturbing her and making her get off the hammock :)

Jazz used to be like that and then it went to a quiet wheek and now she is one of the loudest she tries to compete with Amber lol

Just make sure its not as rattling URI, you know what to look for there :) Hope hes okay, just lost his voice ;D ;D

Thanks everyone. Well I think i'll book him in at the vets just to be sure :)

Put him to your ear and have a listen to his chest, or hold him out in fron of you (i know this sounds cruel but only for a second) and when he wiggles see if his breathing sounds a bit crackly :) if not he's probably fine x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back