No hay for a day

JJW&Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m running low on hay and I’m trying to make the most of it but I’ve barely got more than a handful left and I was wondering if they’ll be okay until Thursday? (Its almost Wednesday here)

Is there no other way u can get hay for them earlier? Guinea pigs shouldn’t and can’t go a long time without hay, so u should probably find the nearest pet store that sells hay. I hope u manage to get some for them!

No, they won’t be ok until Thursday. (a handful would only be enough for one of my piggies for an hour or two so there is no way it would last two piggies for over 24 hours.) Hay is their main food source and they can never be without it so you will need to get some more hay first thing in the morning .

Last edited:
If you can’t get to the pet shop do you have a friend with pets to borrow some off of them? If piggies don’t eat constantly their digestive track stops working. It’s like a conveyor belt. Once it stops it’s very hard to get it going again. I wouldn’t want to have no food for a day and night. ☹️

I am in the USA but in Michigan. Otherwise I would give you some hay.
From Michigan to Florida is an entire day of driving, 24 hours according to a friend who drove there. I usually take the flight.

Hey, sorry for not responding! I ended up being able to give them enough hay, as I found a nearly empty bag of hay somewhere in my storage room. For about less than 1 hour, they didn’t have hay, and that was because the delivery guy took a bit longer than normal, but they’re okay now 😊

If you can’t get to the pet shop do you have a friend with pets to borrow some off of them? If piggies don’t eat constantly their digestive track stops working. It’s like a conveyor belt. Once it stops it’s very hard to get it going again. I wouldn’t want to have no food for a day and night. ☹️
I do have one friend that owns guinea pigs but they were out of town at the time, otherwise I would’ve definitely called them!

Back