Nibbling

• Thread starter Thread starter ryu_sama
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryu_sama

Stewy has started to nip people (not particularly hard unless it's by accident when he's eating off your hand) including me, and I don't know why ): He seems pretty happy as he often runs around popcorning, but he doesn't seem to like getting cuddled.

What should I do? D:

Hi, just a thought, but could his skin be sore for any reason (ie mites or fungal) and he doesn't like being handled because it's uncomfortable? Or perhaps he feels a bit unsafe when he's picked up? Our Blaze was a real biter, usually when we stood near to the cage when we were holding him and he was anticipating the feeling of being picked up or put back and didn't feel safe. We rectified this by making sure we had a towel wrapped around our arm as we placed him back in his cage as he used to bite it furiously! He did eventually get much better with time and careful handling though :)

I've looked at his fur quite often as I groom him a lot (he has these really long wispy hairs on his back end hehe) and he doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him. But I still should take him to the vet.

It's not very often he does it, but he'll just do it if he's sniffing you then he'll lick for a second then bite o_0 it's weird. Maybe he thinks I'm food...

My Digby does this when he wants to go back in the cage he never does it hard just a nibble and I know he wants to be back with his ladies he often licks too but I like to think he loves :smitten: me rather than licking the sweat from me ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back