Newspaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wondered was it okay to use newspaper? I am just using hay at he mo as I am allergic to woodhavings (they cause me to get blisters) I don't want to use them anyway as I've read the dangers for the little guys!

So I don't have a shredder so was thinking can I put a layer of newspaper down then hay then some white bedding (forget the name but it is in Wilkos and only costs 49p Pigs seem to like it and they can eat it safely!

Thanks!

Louise (Dizzy bint)
x

brill thanks :D today is hutch cleaning day. I've decided to do them every three days or every 2 days as the boys are so messy! The can turn a 6ft hutch into a tip in 24 hours!...lol The girls are so clean and tidy but will do them all at the same time. Hope the weather holds it looks like rain!

Right better ring around family and let them know I need their daily rags!

Take care,

Louise
:)

Hi Louise

I do the same thing as GuineaPigs-4 -eva, and it works well - a nice thick layer of newspaper topped with hay. I think I read elsewhere on the forum that modern newspaper ink is soya based and therefore perfectly safe for our piggies (my two enjoy shredding it anyway!).

;D

i put newspaper down, a thick layer and then auboise or megazorb, and then for their bed i put a thick layer of newspaper down and lots of lovely local long hay! O0 O0 mine are fine like that, keep really dry and clean. :) it's also recycling, my family all give us our old newspapers. O0

Thanks! :-D I've rung around everyone and I'm going to have a house full of newspapers later! :-D

Off to clean the hutches out now, should be a challenge as usually I do it when Peter is around, he is ay work so I've got manage 5 pigs and 2 daughters! It should be fun!

Louise

hi, newspaper are a must to absorb the wee,couldn't be weithout newspapers. my family save theirs up for me. x

I get all my newspapers from the huge newspaper recycling bin accross the road....I go when its dark though ;D

lavenderjade said:
I get all my newspapers from the huge newspaper recycling bin accross the road....I go when its dark though ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D good idea >:D :) ;D

ROFL that's fine YOU are still recycling! Just out of interest can you pop used newspaper on a compost heap? God, can't you tell I'm a city chick! :-D

Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back