newspaper or tons of hay

• Thread starter Thread starter rushy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rushy

Hi, my pigs are outside I cover the hutch up of a night, but can't decide if loads of shredded newspaper is warmer than tons of hay, what does anybody else think, I like the idea of the hay cos they can nibble on it at the same time! But I also feel like I'm throwing lots of it away when I change the bed, I shred all my paperwork up so it's a cheap solution but is it warm! Thanks Dawn

I'm not sure which is the warmest but i've been throwing loads n loads of hay in esp at the front of the mesh because i think it's still cold eventho they have woollen curtains at their hutch fronts & are in a shed :)

I use newspaper then shavings then tons of hay I find shredded paper is cold when its wet

Cheers for those comments, yes the paper does seem to get a lot wetter doesn't it, think I might do half of each and then I wont have as much waste, just read about cuddle cups and they look really good so think I might get 1 of them. :D

Snugglesafe heatpads are a good idea for outdoor guineas too. They are a bit pricey but worth it :)

Vetbed would be better than a cuddle cup because it draws the wetness away from the body :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back