newspaper in cages

• Thread starter Thread starter owl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owl

do you put it under the hay in the whole cage or just the bedding area?

you can tell i'm new eh? :P

owl x

Hi Owl
I put my newspaper thoughout the whole hutch.

Me too. My piggys are not bothered about where they wee so I need to cover all of it!

I cover the whole area with newspaper. They may wee everywhere or have favourite places. You'll soon see where they go the most, then you can layer the paper thicker where needed.

I'm obsessed with newspaper at the moment! Can't keep up with demand for it, get through loads. But also hate it because I chuck so much of it in the dustbin.

We change ours daily. We are very fortunate in having an open fireplace so we can burn it. In theory it can be composted but in practice it is far too bulky and the compost bin would be overflowing in a couple of days. :D
I guess if you don't have an open fireplace -and most people don't - then you have to put it out for the bin men.
I don't think the recyclers would be too happy to accept newspaper that is sodden with pigwee! :o

I put my hay all through the cage, then i replace it if needed and clean it out every 2-3 days :)

sammyroo said:
I don't think the recyclers would be too happy to accept newspaper that is sodden with pigwee! :o

;D ;D ;D LOL

I usually end up bagging my used newspapers up and burying them in my black every day dustbin! I have tried layering them in my green garden waste dustbin, but the bin men wouldn't empty my bin! >:( When I argued that it was compostable rubbish they looked at me as if I was mad!

i put it though out the cages too

and i have to get my grandand to save a,, his newspapers as well now

Caviesgalore said:
sammyroo said:

;D ;D ;D LOL

I usually end up bagging my used newspapers up and burying them in my black every day dustbin! I have tried layering them in my green garden waste dustbin, but the bin men wouldn't empty my bin! >:( When I argued that it was compostable rubbish they looked at me as if I was mad!

My OH takes all mine to the tip, because the bin men won't take it, the jobsworth there said it needed emptying from the black bags & separating - you can imagine the OH's response to that one :tickedoff:

Our dustbin men are good. I clean out the cages, everything into a black bag, tie it and put it out. They always seem to take everything everyone puts out!

Caviesgalore said:
sammyroo said:

;D ;D ;D LOL

I put all my guinea (9) and bunny (4) newspaper and hay bedding in my green bin and my bin men take it alright :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I line cages with news paper . I always put it in the recycle bin too. It is washed then turned into loo rolls or hospital puke bowls anyway.

Next time I use the loo roll I shall have the happy thought that maybe it once had guinea wee on there too. ;D

i place newspaper throughout the cage also but add a bit more in one of the corners which is now the "loo" as for hay i place a fair bit in the bed area and spread a little amount through the rest of it. i also scatter a small amount of wood shavings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back