Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy Durrant

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hiya! I'm Lucy and i'm mummy to Ethan and Evan. Tomorrow evening we are having our home check ready to hopefully adopt 4 female guinea pigs (mum and her 3 babies). They will be living inside with an enclosed area for them to 'free roam'. Ive always had guinea pigs in the past and now feel ready for a new 'herd' to join us. I'm one very excited mummy! x

Hi and welcome!

Are Ethan and Evan your sons?

I am very sure that you must be excited about your new arrivals! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. How old are the three daughters? What rescue are you using?

You may find this thread here helpful as you are likely going to experience some dominance behaviour as soon as your family has settled in and got their bearings. Piggies always need to re-establish their hierarchy in new surroundings. You will also find that sows in season don't always quite behave like you'd expect!
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/sow-behaviour.38561/

We have got lots of information at the top of our various Care sections, which you may find interesting, but you are always welcome to ask any questions you may have. Things have changed a lot over the last few years, certainly in the time since I joined the forum!

As we have members from all over the world, we find it very helpful in adapting our advice to what it available and possible to you straight away if you please added your country, state (or for the UK) your county or city. Please click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. In the same section you can also upload your avatar; that is the picture that appears with every post you make.

Ethan and Evan are my sons.
We are using an independent rescue in Chesterfield Derbyshire.
The mum is around 8 months old, the daughters are 4 months and 7 weeks old.

Big welcome to the forum! Hope all goes well with your adoption process. How lovely to return to keeping piggies after a while. We used to live in Chesterfield when I was around 7yrs old, in Boythorpe Crescent, I remember ballet classes in the town centre and feeding the ducks in the park. We were not there long but it was such a warm and friendly place.

Hi Lucy, welcome to the forum. :wel:

Hope all goes well with the home check and adopting the 4 girls.

Hi :wel:to the forum...

Good luck with the homecheck... :tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back