new vetbad - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I've received the vetbed for the new c&c cage I'm doing this weekend. It seems quite fluffy & I
wondered if it should be washed before use, I dont want the guineas to eat the fluff!
I did try but the backing is quite stiff & I cant fit it into the washing machine in one piece (apprx 4x2')
I presume then that others that use this cut it into smaller pieces so it can be washed - or have you al
got bigger washing machines than me?!
Its certainly very soft, when I unpacked it the dog rushed over & lay on it & refused to move.

HI
I use Pro fleece that I think is identical to vetbed. When I first got mine it was quite fluffy and I didn't wash it before using it and it was fine. Once its been washed it flattens down. I would certainly cut it up into smaller pieces - whatever fits in you w/m! Then if they use one area more than another for their toilet you can just wash that bit. I put mine in an old duvet cover to wash it, as its impossible to get rid of all the hay etc before it goes in the machine. I also put newspaper underneath it in their cage to soak up the wee. On average I wash it around every 3 or 4 days. I have to do it less now as they are getting outside a bit more.
Hope this helps :)

yeah similar really, i haven't noticed any large amounts of fluff comign free even when needing to get a bit more agressive with the vac trying to get the hay out. The putting inside duvet cover is a great tip thou i can just about squeeze a full sheet (bout 5' by 3') into my machine with a bit of brute force.

Si

awww my dog sat on mine when i first got it too! lol she likes her comfort!

i put mine into wash as one full piece, i find that given a good brush before putting into the washing machine gets most the hay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back